Let’s face it, if you want to legally leave the country chances are you are going to have a passport.
1. It’s a ticket to the world. If you ever want to step foot outside the United States or the Caribbean islands, you’ll need passport. Believe it or not, there’s life and really awesome cool cruise destinations beyond our own backyard. You haven’t lived until you’ve walk the historic sites of Italy or visited the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam.
2. Form of identification. If you ever get to a destination and have to show proof of identification and don’t have your state issued driver’s license or identification card, a passport will double as that.
3. Relieves “what-if” scenarios. If you are using a birth certificate and a driver’s license to go on a cruise and you get injured in a foreign country, there is going to be a lot of red tape to get you back to the United States.
4. Show where you’ve been. There’s nothing cooler than flipping through your passport and having a time stamp of where you’ve been and when you got there. Just ask anyone to see there passport and you’ll quickly be able to see how traveled they are.
5. The government makes us. There’s no way around it, if you want to legally leave and return to the United States, it’s required by federal law that you have a passport.